Member Application Form >>
Software Certification Project
The first stage of this project will be the development of exposure drafts of a software protocol and certification/validation procedure that are aligned with Australian and international standards as well as development of a software roadmap. Conduct benchmarking of tools and calculation engines against expanded requirements including:
- Ability to accurately model Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 9 and 10 buildings.
- Ability to accurately model a range of building floor areas from 10sqm to 2000sqm (instead of using an up/down scaling factor applied to one fixed area - 200sqm in the case of NatHERS).
- Ability to accurately model common types of Alts + Adds and renovations (those not including kitchens and/or bathrooms).
- Ability to accurately model building fabric (heating and cooling), fixed services, fixed equipment, fixed appliances, embodied energy, GHG, liveability, rainwater, waste and other performance measures.
- Ability to accurately model climate responsive, free-running and/or passively-moderated buildings.
- Ability to accurately model multi-unit developments where bathroom/kitchen/laundry venting is centrally ducted and runs 24/7 all year round.
- Calculation engine acceptable in international jurisdictions as well as Australia and New Zealand.
- Integrates with all common CAD tools: AutoCAD, Microstation, ArchiCAD, Chief Architect, SketchUp and AutoDesk Products etc.
- Generates project-specific recommendations on how to improve rating scores.
- Extensible so that development and upgrades are ongoing and takes into account future changes in regulatory requirements (as well as building technology advances).
- Integrates an application development environment or open-source environment allowing small scale developers to create better user interfaces, mobile applications and interoperability with other tools and software platforms and datasets.
- Use of consistent terminology and nomenclature across front-end tool platforms.
- Runs on the Windows, Macintosh, and Linux platforms.
- Interchangeable weather data and regulation mode compliance requirements to enable engine use in different international settings.
If you are interested in contributing your expertise and knowledge to this project, please contact as at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on our Register of Experts.